Technical Product Manager - Collaboration Products - Contract-to-hire
Technical Product Manager – Collaboration Products – Contract-to-Hire
Our client in Northern NJ, a global firm and established leader in their field, seeks a Technical Product Manager on a contract-to-hire basis.
Primary Purpose and Goal
Responsible for managing the technical aspects of software products through their lifecycle, interfacing with business product management to determine: product roadmap, functional requirements, development priorities and plans and support requirements. Work with internal IT teams and offshore / onshore partners to manage the evolution of the product – especially through the development phases.
We seek someone with solid experience with collaboration products i.e. SharePoint, Yammer, and the like. In general:
- Deep understanding of collaboration solutions and related topics:
- Real-time capabilities such as desktop video/audio conferencing and chat/instant messaging
- Team collaboration, enabling document sharing, collaborative editing, content creation and publishing, taxonomies and folksonomies
- Social platforms enabling posting, threaded discussions, ratings, tagging and subscription
Responsibilities and Tasks
· Act as trusted partner to the client's Global Collaboration and Knowledge function in supporting the collaboration toolset.
· Work with internal IT teams and onshore / offshore partners to determine the technical evolution and solution architecture of a portfolio of products
· Help drive requirements process with the business team – especially in determining technical feasibility and fit to the overall technical direction of the solution; and in assessing the work effort to deliver functionality within project constraints
· Support Collaboration product owners in the management of their product backlogs and maintenance.
· Work with Internal IT teams and onshore / offshore partners to architect and develop the solution leveraging the agreed SDLC – responsible for ensuring deliverables and documentation are fit for purpose
· Manage product development to agreed budget and allocate resources as appropriate between a complex mix of products and tracks
· Work with QA teams to ensure requirements-to-development-to-testing process are working optimally and that testing coverage is appropriate given the business expectation and purpose
· Ensure solutions are built based on client's standards and that they can be deployed with the Client's environment (whether in a global or regional environment)
· Work with business team to develop product roadmaps and communicate through-out the internal IT community
· Be Accountable to functional Business Relationship Managers as their trusted advisor and surpass business expectations in Technical Product Management
Management and Competencies
·· Experience managing the development, implementation and support of enterprise solutions
· Capable of managing internal IT teams, contractors and onshore / offshore partner resources
· Demonstrated experience developing team members and being a role model
· Ability to work across business and technical teams
Job ID: 4093