Analytics Developer - Java
Fixed Income Analytics Developer - Java
Our direct client in NYC is looking for senior level Java developers who want to be part of a global team dedicated to implement and enhance core components of a Structured Products platform. The client is looking for a Java analytics developer to help build and enhance their next generation analytics and research platform. The ideal candidates will be clear, organized thinkers who are able to communicate well within the team and with our business clients. Most importantly, they will be enthusiastic about building excellent software that makes a direct impact on the bottom line of the business.
• Work closely with analytics and data developers to integrate various components of a mortgage analytics platform.
• Provide technical assistance to front office functions, including traders, quants and risk officers.
• Follow release and production change procedures and work with other teams to deliver and maintain reliable and functional front-office applications.
• Strong Java programming skills
• Familiar with Spring, Hibernate, Unit testing like Junit, build tools like Maven
• Demonstrated problem solving
• Recent experience working with large scale fixed-income analytics systems, preferably in mortgage backed securities.
• Understands and uses best-practice software engineering skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be team oriented and have good interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering with a solid track record of delivery.
• Has gained knowledge of some Fixed Income products and analytics.
• Database skills, SQL and one or more of Sybase, Sybase-IQ on Linux and Windows.
• Working with Scala, C++ and/or C# is a big plus.
• Familiarity with a reporting tool/ framework, Akka will be an advantage
• In depth understanding of MBS analytics or data.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Finance