Our direct client, dynamic growing financial services in Stamford is looking for a QA analyst. In this role, you are responsible to develop and execute test plans for all applications (web and client/server) and software integration or interfacing projects and upgrades, ensuring the delivered software or application is reasonably defect-free and delivers the functionality required.
• Develop and execute test plans and scenarios for manual testing activities, such as regression, functionality and usability testing of the all applications (client-server, web and interface).
• Design, develop, and manage test scripts to validate requirements.
• Implement re-usable test cases for the verification of application or interface functionality.
• Provide software testing, design and execution of test artifacts throughout the systems development and implementation processes.
• Provide software testing and real-time support of client helpdesk problem resolution efforts throughout the systems development and implementation processes.
• Work with developers and system users to identify deviations from requirements. Enter defects specifications into the Rally Software Tracking or equivalent system.
• Manage test artifacts to ensure appropriate testing of both pre and post-production environments.
• Prepares reports on test results and metrics to monitor and validate issues.
• Collaborate with staff responsible for training end-users in application functionality, to create accurate and informative training materials for application functionality and release notes for upgrades.
Attributes / Position Requirements:
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
• Must be familiar with multiple QA methodologies.
• Excellent oral, written and computer communication skills.
• Able to clearly articulate complex issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong customer service orientation with a proactive drive to see issues through to resolution.
• Quick aptitude for learning new software.
• Knowledge of SQL and scripting preferred.
• Ability to quickly/effectively adapt and multitask in a fast paced, varied work environment.
• BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science or related field with 2-5 years of testing experience