Service Desk Manager
Our Direct Client located in Purchase, NY has an exciting new opportunity for a Service Desk Manager. The candidate will be responsible for managing the IT Service desk team that provides support for both helpdesk and telecom needs. The candidate will manage subordinate leads, technicians and coordinate the activities of the group to ensure service levels are maintained and customer service is provided. There are currently 9 people on the team. The candidate will act as an advisor to the group and becomes actively involved as required to meet schedules or resolve problems. They will also manage all activities related to the global IT Service Desk and they will be responsible for the efficient operation of the IT Service Desk group including staffing, scheduling and training activities. The manager will assess Service Desk performance through various statistical and reporting technologies, they will also define, develop and enhance success measures for Service Desk agents.The successful candidate will ensure quality standards for all tickets and calls are met or exceeded regarding accuracy of ticket data including client demographic information, description, resolution, etc. They will also develop quality standards and quality assurance measurements and auditing as well as monitor the ACD phone system to ensure agent availability, and ticketing system queues to ensure all tickets are responded to in a timely manner. The manager will be responsible for recognizing, identifying, isolating and resolving escalated support issues.
• Ensure problems are identified and escalated to appropriate IT groups, document work around procedures if necessary
• Ensure all Service Desk staff are current on all supported technologies and applications
• Partner with IT leadership to review metrics, trends and analysis
• Build and maintain customer relationships to guarantee full understanding of user needs to provide effective support and services
• Work with peers to develop processes to monitor trends based on service requests, incidents and queries
• Escalate issues appropriately and maintain communication with customer and support teams
• Maintain policies and procedures regarding Service Desk work flows, and ensure compliance
• A minimum of five years in a technical support role or similar position with supervisory experience • A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a customer service environment
• Must have excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
• Must have knowledge of PC hardware and desktop software, system and recovery methods and software tools, call tracking and problem tracking software use
• An understanding of service level agreements and building process and procedures for resolving problem tickets
• Strong knowledge of operations and networking architectures, concepts and terminology and help desk operation/management technique.
• Management and motivation skills strongly preferred. The typical work hours are 8:30AM - 5:30PM Monday - Friday. It is a full time position.