Technical Project/Portfolio Manager
Senior Technical Project Manager - Long-term contract
Our direct client in Northern NJ seeks an experienced, senior Technical Project/Portfolio Manager to join the team. In this role, you will work with the client's development and project management teams to drive software development projects to successful completion. You'll work with a senior executive leader to help them manage a large portfolio of projects.
You will manage a number of projects at a relatively high level - there are already Project Managers on these projects, so your role will be to communicate effectively between the business teams and the Dev/PM teams to identify risks and remove obstacles that may stand in the way of on-time, quality product delivery.
- Experienced, articulate IT PM or Software development management professional with 15+ years experience in software development,PMP or equivalent experience
10 years + IT experience
- Extensive experience around custom software development and deployment projects
- Experience in a Microsoft .net development environment is a plus
- Top-notch communications and professionalism; outgoing, extroverted personality preferred.
- Experience with internal and vendor/offshore teams.
Ability to commit to a long-term project (potentially extending 12-36 months on a consulting basis.
Immediate interview and start!