Our direct client in Milford, CT is seeking two Sr. DevOps Engineers, in this role you are responsible for design and implementation, through streamlining and automation, of applications’ build, release, deployment and configuration activities. The Sr. Dev Ops Engineer requires an extensive level of software experience across may platforms. This position requires a large focus on assisting with the melding of operations and development to accelerate the code delivery process through automation. The client environment is mostly Windows, experience working with Wintel platforms is critical. One role the client is looking for candidates with strong Powershell and Chef, for the second role Powershell and Jenkins is a must have.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Coordinate aspects of solution development, architecture and processes.
· Work on complex, major or highly visible tasks in support of multiple projects.
· Research existing environments and recommend enhancements.
· Provide subject matter expertise and technical direction.
· Develop custom integration solutions including major enhancements.
The successful candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Information Science or related field.
· 5 – 7 year’s Advanced Level Work Experience in a DevOps role.
· Demonstrated knowledge of broad range of hardware and software products.
· Experience designing, developing, testing and deploying applications/systems using proven or emerging technologies in a variety of technologies and environments.
· Experience with automation tools.
· Experience working with C#, .Net, Python, scripting languages (such as BASH & PowerShell) and complementary programming languages, operating systems and supporting software.
· Strong experience with Jenkins or Chef.
· Experience with performance & hardening techniques and Security/Authorization patterns and practices.
· Proven problem solving and analytical skills complemented with sound interpersonal and team skills.