Java Developer - Financial Services
Our direct client is a top tier commodities trading firm in the world. They are seeking a strong Java developer on the Risk technology team. In this role, you will work within the Risk function by providing maintenance, enhancements and overall organization to the client’s risk model. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated strong programming experience in Java and prior experience working or knowledge of financial services industry. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with a strong technical background to gain experience and knowledge on the Risk function within a Commodities trading platform.
• Work closely with Risk Managers to implement Risk models in Java and .NET/C# and other supporting languages (Python, Perl, bash, etc.)
• Continued maintenance and improvement of the Risk model
• Ad hoc programming work as required.
• Expand functionality of systems to handle a growing variety of Risk models
• Deconstruct existing manual or semi-automated functions in order to plan and build new automated solutions
• Running the existing batch process to ensure completion and correctness
• 6+ years of prior hands on programming experience in Java is a must.
• Prior experience in financial services is a must. Prior exposure to Risk is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills,
• Fast learner with an ability to adapt quickly and work in an energetic and dynamic environment
• Some experience with relational databases, preferably Oracle
• Any scripting languages, such as Python, Perl, R, Bash, etc.
• C# or other .NET development
• Exposure to Commodities and/or Market Risk