IT Project and Program Managers
Our direct client in Northern NJ is embarking on a new year of large-scale IT projects, and is looking to bring on experienced Program and Project managers to handle the new work.
Program Managers handle larger initiatives which have multiple tracks and Projects Managers on those tracks. Project Managers are typically expected to manage several projects within a strategic global program. In these roles, you will be expected to utilize your project management experience to guarantee outcomes and to support and coach others involved in the project team.
We have multiple openings for these Program and Project Manager positions, all of them are 12-month + projects with opportunity to extend beyond or convert to full time after the first year. We are looking for candidates who can interview right away and start in early-Mid October.
All work is done in the Northern NJ location, in a family-friendly, highly ethical global environment.
-Minimum 5 years IT Project Management experience
-PMP or Scrum certification, or equivalent work experience
- Application Development/Deployment projects
- Onshore/offshore vendors executing some of the work
- Global experience, i.e. dealing with global stakeholders outside the US
- Project budget management experience (min $1M)
- Experience working in a Professional Services environment
: Prior in-depth experience with formal systems development methodology(ies) and ability to learn, utilize and improve the client's Project Management Life Cycle
: Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment skills, strong supervisory skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively with project team members, project sponsors, functional leads, and senior management
: Requires strong experience using Microsoft Office applications (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint.) Portfolio management systems such as Clarity, Clarizen or similar tools are a big plus.
***Please send resume today for immediate consideration! ***
Standard PM Job Description below:
Primary Purpose and Goal
As a GPMO Project Manager, you’ll be expected to manage a project, or several projects, within one of the client's International Portfolios. You’ll be expected to utilize your business knowledge, and project management experience, to successfully drive project outcomes and milestones. You will be expected to support and coach others involved in the integrated project team.
Project Managers are expected to ensure that their projects deliver on the required, quality, outputs detailed in their Project Charters, within the specified time and financial constraints. There is a strong focus on financial management, coordination of delivery team resources, and closely monitoring and maintaining detailed project plans. It is expected that status reporting, issue and risk management is undertaken on a timely basis.
Project Managers will be expected to follow the in-house project lifecycle from inception to completion using standard project lifecycle practices and artifacts.
Responsibilities and Tasks
· Build and maintain project plan, including approach, scope, tasks, durations, work effort, dependencies, budget, planning assumptions, risk profile, resource allocation, and deliverable definitions
· Manage both IT and Business Projects
· Coordinate and facilitate core and extended project track meetings
· Make project-level decisions and manage track team leads and day-to-day team activities
· Responsible for identifying and managing project risk factors, and anticipating and resolving project issues
· Proactively provide project status to project team and stakeholders
· Complying with all reporting requirements
· Utilizing and ensuring project adherence to client's standard project management processes and tools to manage project teams across the entire project life cycle
· Serving as an advocate of the project management principles and standards established by the PMO
· Measuring project progress against agreed objectives and success criteria
· Escalating unresolved issues to the Global Program Manager
· Minimum of 6 to 8 years’ experience in project management disciplines, with experience planning and executing projects and programs, preferably in a product development environment
· Strong project management skills with experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing projects from definition through implementation, involving internal personnel and third-party contractors
· Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment skills, strong supervisory skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively with project team members, project sponsors, functional leads, and senior management
· Knowledge of other initiatives within the portfolio to leverage knowledge and networking
· Knowledge of the Firm’s tools (Clarizen or equivalent, i.e. Clarity, PPM, etc.)
· Self-motivated and output focused
· Flexibility to travel as required to regional locations
· Drive and demonstrated success working independently in a virtual environment
· Capable of strategic thinking and of moving strategic plans into action
· Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously