Help Desk Analyst
Help Desk Analyst:
Our direct client, a fast growing health science company, in Stamford and NYC is seeking Help Desk Analysts. In this role, you will provide technical support through analysis and problem resolving to enable the installation, maintenance, education, implementation and documentation of a variety of software and hardware technologies using remote, phone or in person assistance to the end user. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with software and hardware to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of end user issues, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide excellent services through remote, phone and/or in person to end users with issues regarding software, hardware and network.
• Coordinate with users with hardware and software installations and upgrades.
• Receive, log and manage telephone and email requests from end users.
• Help with maintaining an Asset Database and track changes.
• 1st and 2nd line support - troubleshoot IT related issues from software to hardware, on devices such as Laptops, Desktops, cell phones and Printers.
• Troubleshoot basic network issues.
• Escalate unresolved issues to the infrastructure support team.
• Log all calls in the Service Desk Call Logging system.
• Take ownership of user problems, communicate progress in a timely manner, and provide follow up if necessary.
• Maintain a high degree of end user service for all support inquiries and adhere to all service management principles.
• Provide basic in-house training for common hardware, software, telephone, and conference room equipment used within the company.
• Publish support documentation for end users and team, and provide training if required.
• Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc. in Active Directory.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems and software with emphasis on Windows 10 and Office 2016.
• Knowledge of using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation).
• Knowledge of Windows and Macintosh hardware.
• Excellent communication skills and manner.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Basic knowledge in Active Directory administration.
• Basic knowledge of networking.
• Basic knowledge of Macintosh operating system.
• Basic knowledge of server administration.
• Cautious and attentive.
• Willingness to learn and to a degree, explore.
• Willingness to take the extra step.
• Enthusiasm for everything IT.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• At least two years or more experience in a similar role.
• Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and communication.