Our direct client in Stamford, CT has an exciting new opportunity for Software Developer to join their application team.
The Developer will help develop custom and enrich off-the-shelf applications for our clients business lines. The successful candidate will work closely with senior developers on workflow automation solutions concerning portfolio management, operations, trading, and will support all applications in the U.S. The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong technical skills and a desire to learn the financial aspects and business processes of our client. The candidate must be able to work in a highly collaborative environment and they should be able to deliver systems under tight timelines. Our client also offers a very competitive benefits package and career advancement opportunities.
- Work with the senior development team to design, build and/or enhance applications
- Provide technical solutions through development to automate processes or functions to improve business operations
- Design and develop scripts to automate operational tasks and maintenance
- Provide functional and technical support during daily system routines and schedule contingency tests and upgrades
- Assist with the installation of patches and updates and determine the impact on applications
- Work directly with end users and support staff on issues
- Assist with new business initiatives
- 5 to 7 years of experience with object oriented language
- Knowledge and proven experience with Oracle PL/SQL, SQL Server T-SQL
- Proven experience with .NET Framework, Java/J2EE, Jboss, HTML5 and Angular.
- Good understanding of application design, Financial Protocol (FIX 4.4, FIXML) and/or Messaging (JMS, HornetQ and others)
- Ability to work well within a team
- Highly motivated and able to self-direct with little guidance from the manager
- Proven experience working with internal clients and serving as a problem solver
- Experience with commodities and financial markets is a plus