QA Automation Engineer
Our direct client in Greenwich, CT is looking for an experienced automated testing engineer familiar with the Selenium software stack to build, maintain, and execute scripts as part of a team of Agile software development professionals.
• Expertise with using QA automation tool Selenium
• Proven ability to use Java, SQL and general database utilities in order to configure and manipulate automated test scripts and compare baseline and testline outputs
• Familiarity with other automated testing tools such as QTP/UFT and/or SOAP UI
• Track record of QA Testing experience- demonstrated ability to write test plans with traceability to each acceptance criteria listed in requirements
• Must be able to build, catalog, maintain, and execute ever-larger sets of automated scripts to assist in regression testing weekly software builds
• Must have experience as the Scrum QA team member and independently estimate the level of effort for each deliverable discussed in Sprint Planning meetings
• Must have experience with building and executing manual test cases and then adding them into automated scripts after the release
• Maintain and follow established Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies on all projects
• Inform manager and user community of progress, issues and concerns
• Ensure development projects are delivered to production only after meeting rigorous testing standards in pre-production environments
• Ensure that software enhancements and system fixes work flawlessly to meet intended business needs according to defined requirements
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
• Excellent communication skills are necessary due to the interaction with developers and end users.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent professional experience in the Quality Assurance area is required.