IT Security Architect
IT Security Architect
Our direct client, a fast growing manufacturer of engineering instrumentation products and test equipment for commercial and military applications, they are seeking a Security Architect, this position will require extensive experience in helping to identify data risk, cyber risk vulnerabilities within a global infrastructure and exploring emerging cloud services and IIoT solutions.
• Acquire a complete understanding of a company’s technology and information systems
• Plan, research and design robust security architectures for any IT project
• Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments on technologies
• Research security standards, security systems and authentication protocols
• Develop security requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related network devices
• Design public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures
• Prepare cost estimates and identify integration issues to be included within security budget and other stakeholder projects.
• Review and approve installation of firewall, VPN, routers, IDS scanning technologies and servers
• Test final security structures to ensure they behave as expected
• Provide technical subject matter expert guidance to a security team and principal business stakeholders.
• Assist in defining, implement and maintain corporate security policies and procedures
• Assist in security awareness programs and educational efforts
• Respond immediately to security-related incidents and provide a thorough post-event analysis as part of CERT based efforts.
• Update and upgrade security systems as needed
The candidate requires a four-year degree or higher within cyber security or computer science. The candidate is expected to have at least 5-10 years of relevant IT experience, including exposure to business planning, systems analysis and application development with emphasis on security relevant methodologies.
Additional certifications – CISSP, CISSP-ISSP, SANs, Ethical Hacking preferred.
• Risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies
• ISO 27001/27002, ITIL and COBIT frameworks
• Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
• Perimeter security controls – firewall, IDS/IPS, network access control and network segmentation
• Router, switch and VLAN security; wireless security
• Security concepts related to DNS, routing, authentication, VPN, proxy services and DDOS mitigation technologies
• Practices and methods of IT strategy, enterprise architecture and security architecture
• Network security architecture development and definition
• Knowledge of third party auditing and cloud risk assessment methodologies