Our direct client in Westchester County is seeking a strong Business Analyst. In this role, you are responsible for working with business stakeholders to gather/document key functional and technical requirements, assist in development of the business case, and collaborate with internal/external vendors to deliver technology solutions that meet the business need and deliver value. Solid database skill is a must have for this position, since the project will be moving into data integration and reporting requirement phase.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare detailed requirement specifications in the form of user stories or functional requirement specifications for the development teams.
• Participation in the full life cycle of software development process to help facilitate progress, answer any questions and provide more detailed requirements as necessary.
• Data mapping from multiple data sources into a single database.
• Work and collaborate closely with key business stakeholders to document the key business goals and objectives for a project. Document and help develop the business case to communicate the business value for a project. Responsible for conducting cost benefit analysis as required.
• Work closely with Q/A Engineer to develop test cases/scenarios, detailed acceptance criteria in implementation of test automation.
• Collaborate with Development teams to produce any required documentation or communications that may be necessary in support of the project including project status, project roadmap, release plan, etc.
• Assist with end user training as necessary.
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field.
• 7+ years’ related experience.
• Solid relational database knowledge (SQL Server or Oracle).
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have strong presentation skills.
• Any health care or clinical applications knowledge is a plus.