API Integration Developer
API Integration Developer:
Our direct client in New Haven, CT is seeking 2 strong API integration developers with C# .net and Node.js experience. In this role, you are responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and documentation of external APIs for the client’s existing platforms. Responsibility will include creating secure APIs for use by 3rd party vendors and partners that will allow data exchange and order flows for customers using client’s technology platforms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design, develop and document new (and upgrade existing) APIs as part of client’s platform for external 3rd party integration
• Provide expertise and knowledge around integration strategies. Build and unit test integration components
• Work with the business sponsors to understand functional and technical requirements and develop an architecture in support of those requirements
• Keep informed in the latest technology trends in the areas of integration, API management, data management platforms and marketing automation
• Ensure all data governance and security policies are enforced and adhered to.
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
• Strong API and technical integration development skills.
• Expertise in designing and implementing real-time integration strategies.
• Experience building serverless applications using Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
• Strong understanding of AWS Lambda
• Strong Node.js, C# and .NET skills
• REST and\or SOAP web services experience
• Thorough understanding of security including OAuth and Open ID Connect
• Solid understanding of message based data schemas such as XML, JSON, and logical data models
• Experience and working knowledge of cloud-based API management such as AWS API Gateway and Azure API Management
• Requires experience creating scalable and secure APIs for use by 3rd party vendors
• Ensure all data governance and security policies are enforced
• Agile development methodology
• Excellent attention to detail
• Possess a proactive flexible attitude, ability to learn new skills; ability to accept ambiguity
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines and many cross team dependencies