Our direct client in New Haven, CT is seeking 2 strong Product Owners. In this role, you are a technology leader that works closely with business stakeholders and customers to represent their needs and works with a development team to provide global technology products and services that deliver business value and ROI. You may work with multiple development teams and vendor partners to deliver on business objectives. Responsible for overall project success and project budget from product inception to general release to ongoing support.
• Work closely with internal and external customers and stakeholders, including any third parties to gather business requirements and define software functionality, throughout the release lifecycle, from inception to general release to ongoing support. May also work with internal and/or external development teams and vendor partners to deliver project objectives
• Write requirements (business and technical) including acceptance criteria using the Agile user story format
• Responsible for the Product Vision, Product Backlog and Product Roadmaps for multiple technology products and project
• Responsible for Release Planning and overall delivery and speed to market
• Translate requirements into appropriate documentation and communications that can be shared across the business and with customers throughout the product lifecycle
Additional functions: (these are important responsibilities but not essential functions as described above)
• Facilitate workshops, interviews and product walkthroughs with customers and stakeholders
• Owner of the Product Backlog and responsible for grooming to ensure it is kept current and prioritized by business value
• Ensure that the releases are delivered on time and meet all business requirements with a high level of quality
• Ensure necessary documentation and training is provided for products and software
• 5+ years experience as a Product Owner, Product Management or Business Analyst
• 7+ years experience in software development desired
• SCRUM Product Owner Certification a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline or equivalent experience
• Computer skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project, ALM tools such as TFS or Jira
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills..
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent Presentation Skills.
• Strong technical background and significant experience with SDLC in an Agile environment
• Strong business acumen