Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer:
Our direct client in New Haven, CT area, is seeking a Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET). In this role, you will focus on building automation solutions to develop high quality software. As a member of a self-empowered team, the test engineer will collaborate with software developers to improve code quality, increase test coverage and build velocity within a development cycle. This individual will routinely perform continuous analysis and process improvement assessments to optimize and encourage testing best practices. Work experience with AWS cloud platform is a plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: The successful candidate will have:
• Develop and maintain automation scripts based on test cases identified for automation.
• Manual testing includes writing and executing functional, smoke, sanity, regression & UI testing.
• Execute and analyze automated regression suites to ensure quality deliveries.
• Initiate process improvement projects to increase efficiency, reduce costs, simplify processes, and improve quality.
• Test planning and creating test strategies documents in accordance with testing scope and coverage.
• Participate in agile ceremonies to include daily scrums, sprint planning and retrospectives.
• Participate in production deployments and releases to ensure successful deployments.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent Advanced Level Work Experience of 3+ years in a QE or developer role.
• Testing and ALM Tools: TFS, JIRA, Maven, Soasta or other industry accepted resources.
• Automated Test Tools: Selenium, Appium, Winium, TestNG, JSON and others.
• Windows\Mobile OS’s: Windows, Linux, IOS, Android.
• Programming Concepts: OOP, Java, .NET, C#, SQL, XML, REST APIs.
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
• Ability to translate product requirements into deliverable User Stories.
• Prior experience with testing frameworks such as Selenium, Rewire, TestNG, JUnit, etc.
• Knowledge of SQL/RDBMS.
• Excellent coding skills in Selenium and Java.
• Experience with software development methodologies (SCRUM, Agile preferred).