Our Direct client located in Westchester County, NY has an exciting new Network Administrator position for a highly motivated individual to join our clients growing operations support team. The successful candidate will provide day-to-day technical software/hardware support. they will be part of a team responsible for the installation, maintenance and monitoring of wireless, LAN and WAN network infrastructure, server, storage for headquarters and remote locations.
• Installation and management of routers and switches, port security, configuration of services, firewalls, Internet service and network management systems
• Provides day-to-day support of all network related issues on a global scale, maintaining SLA’s for security and reliability. Provide solutions to enhance network performance, layout and stability.
• Troubleshoot and resolve network device issues (software/hardware)
• Provide technical support to Help Desk staff as needed
• Communicate across the IT organization
• 4-6 years’ experience in the implementation and support of large network systems, including routers (NAT, Multicast, WAN, ISDN, Access lists, etc.), switches and firewalls (such as Cisco PIX)
• Experience with VPN, TCP/IP, RIP/RIP II, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IGRP, VoIP and related network infrastructure
• 2-4 years’ experience with Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 Server; some knowledge of Linux would be a plus
• Network /Systems Management Products
• Experience racking servers and networking equipment
• Familiarity with networking technologies, including TCP/IP, NetBios, DHCP, WINS, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, LDAP, NTP, etc.
• Excellent Communication skills both verbal and written
• Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification a plus
• Available for 24/7 rotating on-call support and ability to perform work on evenings and weekends
• Occasional domestic or international travel