Manager Network Architecture
Our Direct client located in Westchester County, NY has a new position for a Manager of Network Architecture to join our clients growing IT team. This position offers a highly competitive salary/benefits and bonus plan. The successful candidate will provide technical evaluations, design and engineering support for Network Infrastructure enhancements and implementation of new technologies to support the strategic needs of the enterprise and its partners in the delivery of applications and services in a reliable and secure fashion.
• Provide Guidance, Direction and technical leadership for all Things Unified Communications
• Collaborate with App Dev, IT Ops, and IT Security teams on planned project requirements.
• Research, evaluate and recommend new infrastructure solutions and enhancements. Perform proof of concepts and create and present proposals to senior management.
• Participate in the design and implementation of complex infrastructure technologies around networking, virtualization (server, desktop, application) mobility and VoIP solutions.
• Provide network infrastructure technical expertise to IT Security team in the design and implementation of key projects.
• Work closely with vendors to procure equipment and services
• Manage Voice / Network, architects and engineers to ensure delivered solution meets current Atlas Standard
• Participate in project planning activities; provide scope of work and level of effort around projects
• Produce design and as built documentation to effectively handover system architecture to other departments for successful systems implementation.
• Provide oversight and guidance during Cisco VoIP related outage scenarios
• Act as the escalation point of last resort, regarding complex and technically challenging VoIP related issues
• Review and provide input to Cisco VoIP related changes, which expect significant impact to the business.
• Represent Atlas as the SME on Unified Communications and Collaboration; which includes VoIP, contact center, audio/video/web conferencing and IM/Presence technologies
• Ability to thrive in a high-pressured, customer – oriented environment.
• 3+ years’ Experience designing, deploying and supporting, Cisco UC and other VoIP type solutions at to enterprise level clients.
• 3+ years’ Experience at the Solutions Architect, level delivering best in class UC type architectures to enterprise level clients.
• 3+ years’ supporting diverse VoIP network environments – Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft, other
• 7+ years’ experience (3+ years in an engineering role capacity) in the design, implementation and support of large network systems, including Cisco routers (ISR, ASR), switches (L2/L3, Catalyst, Nexus) and firewalls (ASA).
• Experience with large scale VoIP phone deployments
• Experience in the implementation and support of F5 hardware load balancers, Juniper SSL/VPN and Infoblox IPAM.
• Extensive experience with:
o WAN and LAN routing protocols (EIGRP, IGRP, BGP, HSRP).
o Ethernet switch technologies (spanning tree (STP/RSTP).
o Wireless network technologies: 802.11/ABGN, Cisco WCS and access points.
o Network authentication protocols: TACACS, RADIUS.
o Network monitoring protocols: SNMP, Netflow, JFlow, IPMon.
o Design and implementation MPLS, QoS, Wave Technologies.
o Design and implementation of converged networks (FCoE)
• Experience with the following required:
o Cisco IP-based voice & UC technologies highly desirable, including Cisco UC 8.X, Unity Connection, Unified Presence, UCCX, Meeting Place, WebEx, SIP, H.323, SRST.
• Following experience desired:
o Design, Implementation and Support of enterprise level Video Conferencing Solutions
o Design, Implementation and Support of enterprise level wireless networks
o F5 Global Traffic Manager
o Cisco Prime Wireless
o Cisco Wireless Controllers
o Cisco network access control solutions (ACS, NAC, ISE)
o Microsoft Collaboration Tools: Skype for Business, One Drive, Lync
o Cloud Architecture/Integration Experience – AWS, Azure, Google
o Network Capacity Planning and Management
• Experience designing highly-available network environments and disaster recovery capabilities.
• Working knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008/2016 and Active Directory, including DNS, DHCP and Sites/Services.
• Cisco CCNA and CCNP required; CCIE a plus.
• Voice Certifications are a plus
• Occasional domestic or international travel.
• Available to be reached and in some cases perform work on evenings and weekends.