Cloud Security Engineer
Cloud Security Engineer:
Our direct client in New Haven, CT area, is seeking a Cloud Security Engineer. In this role, you will design and build cloud security solutions that balance the speed and flexibility of cloud infrastructure (PaaS, IaaS, Saas) with the need to protect and secure critical company information and information systems against ongoing and potential security threats.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Drive cloud security engineering for enterprise in IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS implementations.
• Assess existing and new cloud implementations across the organization to ensure compliance with organizational standards and identify security issues and prioritize remediation.
• Engineer and implement cloud security tools and techniques to ensure the ongoing security and compliance of all cloud implementations
• Provide on-going daily oversight to all cloud security operations including the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology refresh operations.
• Serve as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert to assist with projects involving cloud, cloud operating systems, cloud applications, and cloud database and security issues and requirements.
• Keeps up with the changing nature of cloud security threats and researches and investigates new and emerging vulnerabilities and participate in external security communities.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• 5+ years experience as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development environments
• 5+ years experience and understanding of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
• Knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration as well as networking concepts such as VPNs, IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP
• Advanced understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures.
• Experience with Linux/UNIX Windows servers, MS SQL, Oracle MySQL, MongoDB
• Experience understanding protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S, NFS, SNMP and DNS