Data Warehouse Developer
Data Warehouse Developer
Our direct client’s IT department seeks an experienced Management Information professional to further the design and development of repositories and reporting to support its strategic MI initiatives. The role will involve gaining a comprehensive understanding of their current transactional systems and the data held therein as well as involvement in the ongoing development of warehouse technology to enable the provision of data to support key strategic global information initiatives such as underwriting profitability reporting and analytics. Key to all these initiatives will be the transformation and consolidation of data from disparate US and UK systems into a common model. Design and development approach will be established and guided by the MI Technical Lead.
• Work with Management Information Technical Lead in the design and development of data warehouse / data marts suitable to meet the data requirements of business departments within (underwriting, actuarial, finance, claims etc), keeping scalability, performance and extensibility in mind.
• Mapping of data sources, data movement and reconciliation with the dual goals of ensuring data quality & consistency and the ability to satisfy relevant business requirements.
• Develop data transformation and data movement components of Global Data Warehouse, using approach and architecture defined by MI Technical Lead.
• Understanding of current Navigators US and European data sources and reporting / MI capabilities.
• Collaboration with business analysts and business stakeholders to ensure a thorough understanding of strategic data requirements.
• Data analysis / data profiling to understand gaps, inconsistencies and other quality issues in existing source system data, and develop data sourcing solutions, as well as collaborating with stakeholders to identify, document and implement corrections / business rules / work-arounds.
• Collaboration with business analysts and IT development staff in US and UK .
• Comprehensive documentation of all developed software & repositories.
• Proactively propose and prototype new ideas and approaches.
• Design and develop presentation vehicles including reports, queries and analytics as specified.
• Participate in the evaluation and selection of 3rd party BI and DW tools as required.
• Experience of working in IT organization of property / casualty insurer – desirable
• Experience in development and implementation of data warehouse / data mart solutions for large, complex datasets using ETL tools – essential
• Experience in implementation of controls and reconciliation reports - essential
• Experience in reporting toolsets, OLAP tools, job scheduling, publishing and distribution of reports – desirable
• Experience with multi-location, global team -- desirable
• T-SQL development including the use of views, stored procedures and indexing techniques -- essential
• SQL Server database (versions 2012, 2014) -- essential
• SQL Server Integration Services -- essential
• Knowledge of property / casualty insurance in US and/or Lloyd’s/London Markets -- desirable
• Experience with Subscribe and/or Genius insurance systems – desirable
• Minimum Education: Degree level or equivalent
• Pragmatic and collaborative approach to problem solving
• Self-starter, able to manage own workload and juggle tasks appropriately
• Proactive with suggestions for improvements; thinks laterally; receptive to new ideas
• Takes ownership of a piece of work and sees it through to completion