Data and Information Architect
Data and Information Architect
Our direct client, a global consumer product company in Westchester County is seeking a Data/Information Architect. In this role, you are responsible for building out a holistic Master Data Management (MDM) strategy and leading the cross-functional master data council. You have a track record of implementing and managing enterprise data projects, information architecture expertise and great collaboration skills to work with a diverse set of colleagues.
You will be responsible for building out a holistic data management strategy and leading the cross-functional team. Provide enterprise data/information architecture and technical expertise to design solutions.
• Redefine and become an advocate of the master data strategy for the firm as it relates to Finance, Supply Chain, Commerce, HR, and all other areas of the organization.
• Understand firm’s as-is data entities and dependencies, along with business & technical priorities, to anticipate future information architecture needs.
• Align with global master data teams; assess impact and roll out global MDM initiatives.
• Surfacing information priority: Assessing the benefits and the risks of information and create an information-centric view to quickly visualize what information matters most to the organization based on the defined business strategy.
• Enhancing decision making: Provide the organization with a future-state view of the information landscape that is unencumbered by the specific data implementation details imposed by proprietary solutions or technologies.
• Creating more value from data: Exploring the impact of business strategy changes on information management and investigating ways to extract additional value from existing information assets.
• Enterprise Data modeling: Creating and managing data models in all their forms, including conceptual models, relational database designs, data flows and others.
• Protecting the organization: Defining data classifications and data zoning to allow information assets to be immediately identified and proactively managed as more information becomes federated in a digital economy. Analyzing data security requirements and solutions, and working with the information security officer (ISO) to ensure that data (both on-premises and in the cloud) is treated as a protected asset.
• Managing existing data: Ensuring that the architecture is used as a lens and a filter to focus only on those internal and external data sources and repositories required to deliver the targeted business value. Other responsibilities include MDM, metadata management, analytics, content management, data integration, and related information management or information infrastructure components
• Contribute to the next generation data integration & storage strategy for the firm including Data Warehouse enhancement and establishing a Data Lake.
• Data-modeling and information classification expertise at the enterprise level.
• Experience in rolling out MDM , BI, and data warehouse implementations
• Understanding of common information architecture frameworks and information models.
• Effective conceptualization, pattern recognition and teaming skills.
• Business domain, data/content and process understanding.
• Design-thinking skills.
• Ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to business needs.
• Understanding of meta-models, taxonomies and ontologies, as well as of the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modeling) to less-structured sources.
• Knowledge of problem analysis, structured analysis and design, and programming techniques.
• Ability to analyze project, program and portfolio needs for Information Assets
• Enterprise Information Architecture
• Data Architecture
• Master Data Management
• Data and Analytics
• Risk Management
• Fosters Collaboration
• Engages & Inspires Others
Background / Experience
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Large scale data and analytics projects
• Master Data Management program
• Digital projects
• Relevant and recent experience in execution of business change management as part of a project
• Minimum 5-10 years of IT experience and proven track record in establishing information architecture and master data management practice and developing BI strategy, roadmap and implementations. With at least two years’ experience in information system design.
• System integration experience, including interface design, and familiarity with web-oriented architecture techniques.
• Proven stakeholder management skills
• Relevant and recent experience architecting projects from start to finish in multiple of the areas below:
• Proven ability to translate complex technical concepts to business language