Our direct client located in New Rochelle, NY is looking for Software Engineer, to join their growing Applications team. They are looking for technical leaders who effortlessly tackle hard problems, and more importantly help the team and people around them on a large scale. Candidates should have the experience to guide implementations in the right direction. They should know how to make great software. Our clients tools and languages are agnostic but rather apply a set of quality and development values and standards to our work. Our client is working to build a fast moving, low friction environment for engineers to bring innovative solutions to tough problems, and want people who thrive in that environment, but also understand that the freedom comes with a responsibility for the team to take responsibility for quality at every level.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work independently and as part of an Agile software development team taking responsibility for solving big challenges.
• Competent at turning ideas into code, and making that code usable by your teammates, and the company at scale.
• Advance our goals around quality and engineering discipline
• Looks ahead, finds, and avoids pitfalls for the team
• Test, analyze data, and improve constantly
• Capable of moving from prototype to production, and taking responsibility for the full lifecycle of a component.
Job Requirements/Skills and Experience
• At least 4-5 years of experience and is preferred.
• Understand the Agile software development
• Experience working with a team on a large project
• We are ideally looking for front end engineering resources
Front End Engineers:
• Primary Skills:
• Secondary Skills:
o Backbone, Marionette, Mocha, Chai
Back End Engineering understanding • Primary Skills:
o PHP 7.0, Laravel/Lumen, XML, Queuing / SQS Jobs, PHP Unit, Docker, MySql, Memcache, Redis
AWS Services used:
RDS – Aurora (MySql), ElasticCache, Elasticbeanstalk, EC2, SQS, SNS, Cloudwatch, S3, Cloudfront