Attorney / Paralegal - BCR / GDPR Implementation and Compliance
For our direct client in Northern NJ, we seek an experienced Attorney or Paralegal to support ongoing efforts around Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) requirements, as part of the GDPR preparedness and BCR implementation program. This is a long-term (1 year) contract that can be done remotely initially due to COVID, but we prefer a candidate who is in the New York/New Jersey area ideally.
-Support ongoing efforts around Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) requirements. as part of the client's GDPR preparedness and BCR implementation program.
-Collaborate and provide guidance and subject matter expertise on privacy or data governance matters to global business groups particularly around BCR rollout and compliance.
-Provide advice and recommendations regarding information protection controls to IT projects throughout the lifecycle, (e.g. privacy-by-design), including managing the risk assessment methodology and documentation.
-Perform privacy impact assessments of IT solutions and review data protection language in contracts.
-Support the development and implementation of client's global information management and protection strategy and policies to comply with applicable laws and regulations and meet client expectations; including data privacy, confidentiality, examining cross border data flows and protecting intellectual capital.
Work Experience Desired for this role:
- Legal and Regulatory experience. GDPR/BCR would be great, but HIPPA or similar complex regulatory experience would suffice.
- Desired: professional work experience in the field of Information Data Protection and Risk Management; Preferably for a Global Organization
- Desired: Knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) requirements
- Experience in audit or other assurance activities
- Project management training and experience
- Background working on large-scale international projects and the ability to manage multiple processes and projects at once
- Desired: Demonstrated knowledge related to information privacy issues with regards to evolving technology (e.g., mobile, cloud, global hosting, etc.)
- Professional privacy or security qualifications such as CIPP and/or CISSP preferred
Technical Skills and Experience Desired:
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent, clear, concise and timely communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent organization, status tracking and recordkeeping skills.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Job ID: 4532