Application/Production Support Engineer - Hybrid:
Application/Production Support Engineer – Hybrid:
Our direct client, a major global financial services firm, is looking for an experienced Application and Production Support Engineer. The team is responsible for Application support, Infrastructure support (office and data center) and 2nd level Customer support. The team ensures that service levels with internal teams and with external US customers are maintained. The team closely collaborates with other geographic locations to roll out new applications/projects in the US.
This position will require 2 or 3 days per week on site, with some flexibility, to work in the Stamford, CT office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the production environment (applications and systems.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve production issues.
- Perform system and application updates.
- Analyzing results and quality assessments.
- Providing Level 2 and on-call support.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Degree in Computer Science or other IT related field.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in application/system support.
- At least 1 year of experience in Market Data related role.
- Proficiency in Linux (Red Hat) and Windows Server environments.
- Knowledge of various programming languages: Java, C/C++, Perl, Python, bash, etc. The ability to modify/debug code will be very helpful.
- Database, SQL skills are a big plus.
- Experience with server hardware, databases, and storage is an advantage.
- Ideally, experience in Financial Information with a knowledge of financial products.
- Process-oriented and analytical approach.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Job ID: 5143