AWS Database Developer
Our direct client, a GROWING BioTech Organization, is seeking an AWS Database Developer with experience in Redshift, RDS, and DynamoDB. In this role, you will interface with key stakeholders within the Clinical Informatics team to translate business requirements into high-quality database/data warehousing solutions for clinical data on the Redshift platform. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Key focus areas include:
- Optimize data on the Redshift platform to support highly performant APIs, visualization tools, and data analytics
- Ensure all data solutions follow FAIR (Findability, Accessibility, Interoperability, and Reuse) data principles
- Implement security controls and industry best practices for Redshift, RDS, and DynamoDB databases
In this role, a typical day might include the following
- Translate business requirements into data models and data warehousing layer on AWS Redshift to support APIs, visualization tools, and data analytics
- Implement ETL pipelines to extract and load data into and from Redshift
- Configure, maintain, and support the Redshift, RDS, DynamoDB environment, and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Evaluate, design, and implement database/data warehouse solutions and technologies as we continue to grow
- Share domain and technical expertise by providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
This job might be for you if:
- You have an eye for detail and pride yourself on the quality of your work. Operational excellence matters more than just finishing the tasks.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enable us to deliver and improve on the product quickly.
- With your sleeves rolled up, you work on current problems while thinking of future solutions.
To be considered for the AWS Database Developer, you must have BS or MS degree with 5+ years of hands-on AWS and database development experience.
Expertise in design and development on Amazon Redshift, RDS, Glue, and Spark.
Experience in optimizing database/query performance/query tuning in Redshift and RDS.
ETL experience for data movement to and from the Redshift platform, Databricks experience is preferred.
Experience with LAMBDA and Python along with relevant AWS services is preferred. Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision.
Excellent corporate culture, comprehensive beneftis package!
For immediate consideration, please reply with your updated resume.
Job ID: 4691