Azure PAAS Engineer - *Remote * Contract
Our direct client seeks an Azure PAAS Engineer for a long-term contract(18-36 months), this can be remote, preferably in the Eastern or Central Time zone.
In this role, the engineer will work on a global Azure cloud platform, working with the team to continue building out the infrastructure for global applications being moved to, or being developed natively in, the Azure cloud.
- Participating in project requirements gathering workshops with intake, advisory and product teams when needed
- Planning and executing large-scale migrations of systems from private infrastructure to public cloud platforms
- Building scalable enterprise solutions using Azure offerings
- Designing Azure foundational elements like VM’s, VNET, Blob storage, instances, functions, networking etc.
- Commissioning PaaS services like Azure App Service, SQL Database, Application gateway, Azure Identity Management, IOT etc.
- Providing technical administrative and configuration support for Microsoft Azure platform
- Ensuring the build of secure environments running in Azure using KPMG security and compliancy standards
- Providing recommendations on system improvements, update to on latest technologies
- Working closely with project managers to ensure visibility of the project status to management team
- Ensuring controlled transition of new deployed products and solutions to operations
We seek engineers with solid experience implementing Azure PAAS infrastructure, including as many of these as possible:
• Excellent understanding on distributed applications in an enterprise environment
• Hands-on experience with cloud environments like Microsoft Azure
• Knowledge and experience of automation for Azure solution architecture, best practices, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services
• Knowledge and experience in Cloud infrastructure/services and delivery models, storage concepts, networking basics, etc.
• Knowledge and experience of commonly used Azure IaaS products (ARM, Storage accounts, virtual machines, security and encryption, BC/DR, monitoring)
• Knowledge and experience with Reverse and forward proxies
• Knowledge and experience of commonly used Azure PaaS Services (SQL PaaS, Azure Functions, Web Jobs, Bots, Redis, Service Bus, Cosmos etc.)
• Knowledge and experience with Azure PaaS Configuration, Cost Calculation and Administration of Azure Resources
• Knowledge and experience in PowerShell Scripting, ARM Templates, Azure AD, App Service Plans, Azure Service Environments (Isolated Plans)
• Knowledge and experience with Azure SDK / API
• Knowledge and experience with Azure Key Vault and Azure Storage
• Knowledge and experience with Application Code Deployment and Configuration on Azure Environment
• Good understanding on Infrastructure automation, Infrastructure as code and different industry standard tools
• Analytical and problem solving skills with Code Debugging experience in Azure PaaS Hosted Environment
• Experienced with changes necessary to maintain performance levels of applications when transitioning from on-premise environments to public clouds
• Experienced with multiple programming languages such as PowerShell, SP.NET, Python, Shell scripting, Terraform, JSON, XML or similar scripting language
• Experienced with Cloud Automation concept and best practices, automation tools and cloud development
• Proven knowledge of Agile / Scrum / DevOps approach to realize business value for the customer
• Strong Hands-on experience working on CICD pipeline on Cloud management platforms
• Knowledge and experience with Cloud native Solution Designing, Cloud development patterns and recommended practices
• Documented understanding of ITIL processes, SOW’s, Affidavits, Agreements, SLA’s and KPI’s, cost of service and Risk and security
• Knowledge in IT service management and corresponding ITSM procedures and policies
• Knowledge and experience of reporting tools (Power BI, Excel)
- A plus would be experience around PAAS security
Immediate interview and start, send resume today for immediate consideration!
Job ID: 4670