Back-end Developer (2): Hybrid
Back-end Developer (2) – Hybrid:
Our direct client, a fast-growing FinTech firm, is looking for 2 mid to senior level back-end developer. You will be on end-to-end on new features, enhancements, and defect resolution on one or more of firm’s software platforms. You will work closely with the Product Management team throughout the software development process, detailing requirements, reviewing work in progress, and addressing issues found via testing. You will be working with Ruby on Rails for back end.
The client values expertise in other programming languages and business areas. More than checking the boxes on specific technologies, they are looking for driven team members with technical depth and a desire to deliver end products for the clients. If you are not already familiar with the technologies used at firm, you will have the opportunity to pick up these new tools and technologies while on the job—with support from management and mentors.
This position is based in Greenwich, CT, 3 days per week onsite is expected. Client offers a very attractive compensation and benefits package, salary, bonus and stock options.
- Backend feature development in Ruby (3.1.1) and Rails (6.x)
- Unit and integration test development using RSpec
- Active participation in daily stand up meetings
- Active participation in Peer Code Reviews as part of our standard SDLC and Change Management Process
- Degree in Software Engineering
- 5+ years of web-based application development
- 5+ years of development experience with Ruby on Rails. Python/Elixir would be a good substitute if less expertise on Ruby
- Demonstrated understanding of relational database concepts and modeling practices
- Passion for actively learning new technologies
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group effort, as required
- Solid problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative approach to software development
Job ID: 5126