Back-end Developer - Hybrid:
Back-end Developer – Hybrid:
Our direct client, a fast-growing energy company in Westchester County, NY, is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to implement new field hardware solutions as the firm’s product slate evolves and is responsible for both development and implementation of software and technology, which has been a major source of competitive advantage for the company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for aligning the technical roadmap deliverables and will also need to be hands-on in terms of assisting in developing code for the applications and in reviewing hardware and real time metering technology applications. The technical plan will include bringing firm’s proprietary software suite into its next generation, implementing new features and functionality in both the customer facing software. A high level of competence in software development and an ability to quickly learn firm’s business and areas of technology outside of their previous expertise are required.
Hybrid working model, 2 or 3 days per week on site is expected.
- Design and implement scalable server-side architecture while maintaining and enhancing existing platform services and features.
- Lead the design and implementation for the next iteration of multiple capstone web applications, and understanding the current technology stack (incl. PHP, React, Vue, MySQL, ExtJS, Python, Golang, Linux) and develop roadmap for technology upgrades.
- Design and maintain high availability AWS based infrastructure to deploy web applications.
- Architect applications to use AWS and other third-party services to off-load business functions, including client communications (email / sms / voice), CRM, and marketing.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- Understanding of security principles and implementation.
- Code version control using git, collaboration using GitHub (pull requests, code review, issue tracking).
- Unit testing, Object-oriented Programming, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development, Microservice architecture.
- Amazon Web Services for high availability application deployment.
- Continuous Integration using Github Actions, Continuous Deployment using Docker.
- Strong technical knowledge and communication skills a must.
Job ID: 5238