Back-end Scala Developer
Back-end Scala Developer (4) – Hybrid:
Our direct client, a fast-growing FinTech firm, is looking for 4 mid to senior level back-end developers with strong Scala experience. will play an integral role in designing and implementing systems that power the company’s platform. We are looking for engineers who can build APIs and applications that are highly performant and intuitive. More than checking the boxes on specific technologies, we are looking for driven team members with technical depth and a desire to deliver end products for our clients.
Current platform sits on top of a micro-services architecture with services built in Scala, Node.js and Python. If you are not already familiar with the technologies used at firm, you will have the opportunity to pick up these new tools and technologies while on the job—with support from management and mentors.
This position is based in Greenwich, CT, 3 days per week onsite is expected. Client offers a very attractive compensation and benefits package, salary, bonus and stock options.
- Building cloud native services using Scala using open-source frameworks Akka, ZIO etc.
- Unit and integration test development using Scala Test
- Active participation in stand-up meetings
- Active participation in Peer Code Reviews as part of our standard SDLC and Change Management Process
- Degree in Software Engineering
- 5-10+ years of web-based application development
- Experience in Scala, Kotlin, Node.js or Java a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of relational or NoSQL database concepts and modeling practices
- Passion for actively learning new technologies
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group effort, as required
- Solid problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative approach to software development
- Leadership/people management experience
Job ID: 5168