Our direct client, a fast-growing healthcare software technology firm, in Greenwich is looking for a Business Analyst who is seeking to be part of a high-energy, fast growing, world-class team.
- Work closely with subject-matter-experts, business stakeholders and the research & development team to capture high-level and detailed requirements for the business and product process workflows, to be stored and maintained primarily in SharePoint.
- Review, understand and become an expert on the product/applications functionality over time, and all new requirements for software development.
- Formulate and define scope and objectives through interviews, research and fact-finding, as well as gathering and understanding of existing business systems and workflows.
- Document and articulate requirements clearly to both the technical and business audiences, and be able to create User Stories, detailed requirements/workflows and wireframe walkthroughs in documented and visual form.
- Liaise effectively with developers, business stakeholders, subject-matter-experts, Customer Success Team and even end users.
- Perform status reporting on project progress, milestones, and decisions. Also make use of various tools such as SharePoint, Excel and other Office applications, etc.
- Participate on the QA/Testing side of the cycle as needed, ensuring that developed functionality meets the requirements specified.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience collecting requirements and supporting the development of projects.
- Strong acumen and expertise in requirements documentation procedures, with flexibility to adapt based on policies and procedures in different companies.
- Able to identify and articulate existing/as-is process models while identifying aspects of requirements understanding, business process flows, and functional gaps needed to accomplish the desired Acceptance criteria.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload based on needs of the client.
- Self-Starter, but able to work well in a team environment.
- Experience with SharePoint and Office 365.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- A technical orientation, aware of the latest trends in technology, experience with UI/UX best practices, experience with wireframing, the technical skills applicable to growing software company.
- Experience operating within the Agile/Scrum project framework. Ability to translate High Level Requirements into detailed User Stories and smaller tasks (backlog/work items), etc. Experience with Azure Devops, Jira, Trello or other comparable software tools.
- Ability to create and carry out presentations to project stakeholders at various levels including executive. Experience with relevant Office apps in this regard (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Flexibility and adaptability to work on multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Right attitude: show us your passion and what you can do!
Preferred Skill and Experience:
- BA or BS degree in Information Technology, Business Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical or functional discipline, or equivalent significant information systems/business analyst experience.
- Experience in the Insurance and/or Healthcare industries is a plus
- Experience in Quality Assurance/Testing, familiarity with creating and executing test plans, test cases, feature and regression testing.
- Experience working with cloud-based applications that deliver software-as-a-service capabilities to external customers.
Job ID: 4557