Business Solution Architect - Remote
Business Solution Architect – REMOTE
Our direct client, a fast-growing healthcare software and data analytics firm is seeking to bring on a Business Solution Architect. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that company’s applications fit into clients existing IT infrastructure; are capable of supporting integration with all sources and destinations of data necessary to fulfil the client solution needs; and can be configured to address the security, regulatory, access, administration, and workflow requirements to help achieve client business objectives.
In this position you are not responsible for the actual client implementation but are a highly capable and trusted resource who understands the platform, technology, and capabilities inside and out, and can confidently advise both internally and externally on technical and business fit. You will be actively involved in product positioning, RFI/RFP responses, implementation solution design, and helping ensure successful ongoing integration with a clients’ evolving technical environment.
This role is primarily intended to serve company’s healthcare delivery system clients, including integration with Electronic Health Records, Healthcare Information Exchanges, Registries, Patient Notification Systems, Enterprise Scheduling Solutions and the like, so understanding of healthcare provider environments is key; however the role may at times embrace other parts of the value-based care ecosystem.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Primary role is pre-sales and post-sales consulting to help hospital, IDN, ACO, and ambulatory care clients fit the company’s applications into their existing IT infrastructure in alignment with the business goals and implementation success metrics.
- Work with clients on system architecture, detailed design, implementation timeline and resource need to drive high confidence in ability to successfully implement a complex clinical IT solution, manage the impact EHR database merges and migrations on pop health solutions, and enable uncommon use of existing solutions to serve specific customer needs.
- Support completion of RFIs/RFPs with comprehensive, accurate, and timely information that best supports company’s ability to win the opportunity and execute successfully.
- Work with sales to satisfy CIO, CSIO, CMIO type individuals that company’s solution will work in their environment, particularly when multiple affiliated practices are involved in various EHRs and lacking overall IT governance.
- Use available data streams and technology to satisfy client needs for workflow and reporting where the solution extends beyond the company’s technology and into the customer domain.
- Ability to be flexible in hours of day worked to be respectful of teams in different timezones, when synchronous communication is required.
Required Experience / Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in population health management and/or electronic health record data management and platform deployment, including complex systems.
- You’ve most likely spent 5+ years working in a technical marketing or technical implementation role for an EHR or HIE vendor, or leading a major EHR platform deployment at a healthcare delivery system, or have been personally involved in a proprietary project to build an HCIT data warehouse or healthcare information exchange. If none of these then you must be able to credibly claim equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Excellent understanding of one or more industry leading EHR technology platforms, and evidence of ability to extend that knowledge to other EHR platforms.
- Working familiarly with common vocabularies, industry standards, and data formats used in healthcare IT.
- Ability to roll sleeves up and be creative in problem solving and solutioning, particularly around data queries, data transfer, data transformation, data visualization and report generation. Familiarity with SQL, Access, HL7, Crystal Reports, PowerBI or similar preferred, with a predisposition for learning new technologies when required to solve specific problems.
- Ability to work with clients in highly heterogeneous technical environments with no common backend.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, comfortable under pressure in highly technical conversations. Nimble in problem discovery and solutioning alongside client.
- Strong critical thinking and analytics skills.
- BS degree required, masters preferred, computer science or information technology topic preferred.
Job ID: 4881