C/C++ Software Engineer with deep Linux- Product Development
Software Engineer – Product Development
Our direct client is seeking a motivated Software Engineer to join their GROWING company in Fairfield County, CT or Columbia, MD**. This individual will be responsible for building high-quality, innovating and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design. The Software Engineer will be responsible for enhancing, designing, developing and testing Linux based security systems centered on secure one-way data transfer. You will work on multiple projects identifying and resolving complex cyber security issues. The candidate will be a member of a strong technical team with a high degree of autonomy and significant responsibility in a cutting edge industry.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Design, develop, test and deliver high quality software
- Submit code and participates in regular reviews focusing on architecture, security, and functionality
- Maintains high quality coding and validation standards throughout the development cycle
- Develop software for Linux targets
- Monitor and report software errors and design and deploy troubleshooting measures and solutions – recommend solutions
- Performs peer code reviews and creates test scenarios and test-automation suites
- Follow the Software Development Life Cycle processes including developing requirements
- Create software design documents describing architecture and functionality
- Review product documentation for technical accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, e.g. Computer Science, Engineering or Math.
- Advanced degree is a plus.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in software development
- Due to Government contracts, U.S. Citizenship is required
- Any previous security clearance is a plus
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong experience in C, C++, Java and Python programming languages
- XML, XSLT, XPROC development experience
- SOAP, REST development experience
- Proficient in Object-Oriented design
- Linux/Unix Operating System level programming
- Knowledge of developing software for Linux targets
- Experience with debugging software, using GDB
- Experience with unit testing frameworks, like CUnit and unittest
- Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP, UDP)
- Experience with version control software (i.e. Git) a plus
- Experience with Network Monitoring & Management tools and concepts (i.e. SNMP)
- Experience with agile development a plus
** Flexible work from home options are available.
For immediate consideration, please reply with your updated resume today!!
Job ID: 4544