Cloud Architect - Azure - Long-term contract - Hybrid
For our direct client in Northern New Jersey we seek an talented Azure PAAS Cloud Architect to join the team, on a long–term contract basis(12-36 mo). The cloud environment is primarily based on MS-Azure but is becoming a mufti-cloud platform including AWS. You will research and work with cutting-edge Microsoft Azure and AWS services and have the opportunity to evaluate and architect new Azure Services and introduce them into the client's global IT cloud environment. .
In this role, the PAAS Cloud Architect is responsible for:
– Researching and certifying Azure Cloud Services for use on the platform.
– Publishing standards and processes
– Providing directions on how to use services i.e. CosmosDB, Synapse, AI Cognitive services. etc.
– Ensuring that any new cloud service meets company standards, e.g. in relation to automation, security guidelines and authentication
– Doing hands-on Proof-of-Concepts and sampling various services, working with the Microsoft and AWS product teams to understand and validate services
– Creating multiple artifacts including architectural and deployment guidelines, service security references.
– Publishing patterns for services, after reviewing for security
– Providing knowledge transfer to operations and delivery teams
– Working with the corporate security team to obtain security clearance and approval
– Assisting in troubleshooting and investigating any issues uncovered by delivery and development teams using a service
– Minimum 2 years experience as an Azure architect, built on 5+ years' experience as a Development Team lead or Sr. .net developer
– Azure Certifications i.e. AZ-301/AZ-304 Microsoft Azure Architect Design, AZ-300/AZ-303 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
– Any AWS cloud services experience is a plus
– Hands-on experience with Active Directory, Windows infrastructure, networks, firewalls, proxies
This position is located in Northern New Jersey and offers a hybrid work environment. We seek a candidate who is located in the NJ/NY/CT tri-state area or who can move themselves to the area for this long-term contract.Job ID: 5054