Cloud Architect - Infrastructure - long--term contract
For our direct client in Northern New Jersey we seek an ambitious, eager-to-learn Infrastructure Cloud Architect to join the team, on a long–term contract basis. The cloud environment is primarily based on MS-Azure but is becoming a mufti-cloud platform including AWS. You will research and work with cutting-edge Microsoft Azure and AWS services and have the opportunity to help vet and introduce them into a global IT cloud environment. .
In this role, the Cloud Architect is responsible for:
– Researching and certifying Azure Cloud Services for use on the platform.
– Publishing standards and processes
– Providing directions on how to use services i.e. CosmosDB, Synapse,
– Ensuring that any new cloud service meets company standards, e.g. in relation to automation, security guidelines and authentication
– Doing hands-on Proof-of-Concepts and sampling various services, working with the Microsoft and AWS product teams to understand and validate services
– Creating multiple artifacts including architectural and deployment guidelines, service security references.
– Publishing patterns for services, after reviewing for security
– Providing knowledge transfer to operations and delivery teams
– Working with the corporate security team to obtain security clearance and approval
– Assisting in troubleshooting and investigating any issues uncovered by delivery and development teams using a service
– Minimum 5 years experience with Windows Systems Administration and minimum 2 years with Azure cloud services
– AWS cloud services experience is a plus
– Hands-on experience with Active Directory, Windows infrastructure, networks, firewalls, proxies
This position is located in Northern New Jersey and offers a hybrid work environment – will start out 100% remote but will likely transition to 1 to 2 days/week onsite, for team meetings and collaboration, with the remaining 3 to 4 days work-from-home.
Job ID: 4769