Communications Administrator- Contract- Hybrid
What is a Communications Administrator?
The Communications Administrator responds to technology related incidents and requests through the ITSM ticketing platform for the telecom services. This role will design, develop, deploy, and support telecom related software and hardware across the company. Telecom services are critical in support of our Contact Center environment and directly impact our external customer base. This role will be a key resource in future implementations, feature enhancements, upgrades, and support of new functionality for the organization. Alignment with the full I&O organization will ensure collaborative department needs are met to ensure security of our services, alignment with standards, and consistently providing reliable and cost-effective improvements that reduce business downtime. Title/level is commensurate with experience.
What does a Communications Administrator do?
- Collaborates with Business Stakeholders to assess current and future telecommunication system needs in assistance to the telecom Technical Service Owner
- Works closely with the ServiceDesk to ensure resolution of telecom issues or requests in a timely fashion
- Deploys, supports, and troubleshoots telecom technologies and services
- Contributes regularly to the ServiceDesk and IT knowledge base using designated tools
- Investigates, researches, tests and implements new technologies as guided by the team lead
- Supports the hardware/software lifecycle and asset management projects
- Keeps skills updated on supported technologies and corporate business applications
- Follows departmental policies, processes, and procedures, as well as maintain an acceptable level of performance as required by the departmental scorecard
- Performs inventory reconciliation as needed
- Participates in special projects to improve Processes and Technologies
- Takes responsibility for personal learning, development, and time management, setting achievable and meaningful work jobs and managing personal targets
- Demonstrates a commitment to the company's organizational values, including performing to a high ethical standard and focused on integrity, collaboration, and teamwork in all efforts
- Supports storm restoration efforts
What does it take to be a Communications Administrator?
- Associate’s degree, 5 years of telecom support experience, and 3 years of experience with Contact Center support and IVR platforms
- Experience in HW/SW troubleshooting activities and problem resolution
- Experience with Carrier DS0-T1(copper/fiber) circuits
- Experience creating technical documentation, process maps, and knowledge transfer documents
- A strong understanding of ITIL best practice service delivery
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Administration of VOIP related routing including carrier level, hunt groups, simultaneous ring groups, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including customer service, training, presentation, and public speaking
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organizational priorities, technology, and processes
- Must be able to travel to district locations and be capable of lifting 35lbs
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience with Genesys IVR and OpenScape VoIP
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Microsoft MCP (with a focus on MS Windows)
Job ID: 5208
IT Operational – Control & Monitoring Analyst – Long Term Contract – Hybrid
Job ID: 5226
Montvale, New Jersey