Cyber Security Engineer
Cyber Security Engineer
Our direct client, a global digital technology services company, in Stamford is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer.
• Perform as a hands-on Subject Matter Expert, with the skills, experience and desire to support multiple complex networks and perform problem-resolution and prioritization.
• Participate in the maintaining and implementing information security standards, processes, procedures, and polices across the enterprise.
• Coordinates with technology and business groups to assess, implement, and monitor information security risks/hazards
• Works closely with compliance team to ensure information security policies and practices meet requirements.
• Develop and maintain an Information Security Incident Response Plan and manages the execution of the plan should an incident occur. Lead annual simulation testing.
• Understands the trade-offs required to manage the different levels of risk tolerance and risk exposure across the organization and balances this with risk investments
• Assist with information security awareness program to ensure staff members across the organization understand the policies and risks related to information security
• Researches and evaluates new information security technologies. Maintains awareness of trends in state-of-the-art technologies in the Information Technology Security Administration disciplines. Conducts and participates in the review, evaluation, and recommendation of software products, productivity tools, and external services. Possesses advanced knowledge of information assurance technologies and principles
• Strong working (hands on) knowledge and experience in the below areas:
o Multi-layered defense methodology across diverse infrastructures
o ISO 27001/2 framework
o Hardening Windows and Linux server infrastructure.
o Cisco firewalls and NGFW technologies. NetFlow analysis.
o Log collection and analysis tools.
o Data encryption for transport and storage
o Managed security services.
o Penetration testing and internal exploit scanning.
o Patch management solutions.
o Anti-virus and malware protection solutions.
o Internet content filtering solutions.
o Layer 2/3 networking and packet analysis
o Network Access Controls: 802.1x
o Wireless encryption and authentication, rogue AP detection
o Windows: native firewall, data encryption, GPO’s, etc…
o Microsoft Security Compliance Manager
o Azure and AWS cloud platform hosted services
• CSSIP certification and/or GIAC: GSEC certification
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Technology degree with equivalent experience required
• Minimum 5 years of related enterprise Information Security experience
Job ID: 3991