Cyber Security Operations Lead - Hybrid:
Cyber Security Operations Lead – Hybrid:
Our direct client, a fast-growing FinTech firm, is looking for a Cyber Security Operations (SCO) Lead to implement, operate, and manage the security operations center. The security operations center at the firm responds to security alerts, manages security incidents, and performs daily, weekly, and monthly checks to provide security assurance. The SCO Lead will manage a small global team and will work alongside other internal teams to provide situational awareness through detecting, containing and resolving cyber security threats using a comprehensive set of cyber security technologies including IDS, IPS, DLP, SIEM, AWS and firewall technologies.
This position can be in Greenwich, CT (1st choice), or Princeton, NJ 3 days per week onsite is expected. The client offers a very attractive compensation and benefits package, salary, bonus and stock options.
- Manage a global team of SCO analysts.
- Establish, operate, and manage a SIEM to provide a wholistic view of security incidents.
- Establish alerts and security dashboards in SIEM to respond to key security events and provide security assurance.
- Establish and maintain Runbooks and procedures for handling incidents, and daily, weekly, and monthly security checklists.
- Triage incidents quickly and effectively, escalating priorities for the SCO team and liaison with other teams across the firm.
- Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly tasks to measure and report on the state of cyber security defenses at the firm.
- Drive evaluation, selection, and configuration of key security tools to enhance Cyber security operations.
- Desired 5-8 years of experience in managing security operations, preferably with 1-3 years as a lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, information technology, or computer science preferred
- Experience with setup and management of SIEMs, preferably Splunk
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with cloud infrastructure systems, AWS preferred
- Quick learner with desire to always learn combined with the ability to multi-task
- Attentive, organized, and detail-oriented
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
Job ID: 5202