Data Analytics Application Engineer - Long-Term contract
For our direct client in Northern NJ, we seek an experienced Database Engineer to play a key role in supporting global applications.
In this role, the consultant will work directly with global IT and business personnel to support the use of custom-developed Data & Analytics Tools for data extraction, data processing, audit analytics and business reports. These applications are hosted in MS Azure and involve extensive ETL and analytic processes built with SQL Server and Azure PaaS services, and also include special processes for importing and analyzing data originating from SAP, Oracle, and MS Dynamics sources. The consultant will help troubleshoot applications and contribute to continued development of these critical applications.
- 2-3 years of experience working with data and supporting data analytics within the Azure cloud platform.
- Hands on experience using Azure PaaS services like Azure Data Factory, Synapse, ADLS, Azure Data Bricks, and Power BI.
- Experience supporting applications which ETL data into Azure Data Storage services using a combination of Azure Data factory and T-SQL.
- Database management knowledge focusing on Microsoft SQL Server technology including writing SQL stored procedures and SQL Server Management Studio
- Knowledge how to configure and navigate between PAAS components in debugging ETL issues.
- Expert level knowledge on SQL, database administration and other data platforms. SQL performance troubleshooting a plus.
- Familiarity with python, PySpark.
- Candidate should have good problem-solving and analytical skills and experience in providing customer support and managing their expectations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with various levels in an organization
Additional experience that would be helpful:
- Any experience with Audit or Accounting firms, Finance departments/applications or their shared service centers, IT-Advisory or Forensic Technology that includes providing Audit support and data analytics through General IT Controls / application control test work relating to SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience in data analytics and SQL, ACL, IDEA, or similar tools
- General understanding of transaction processing in SAP, preferably in any of these areas: FICO, Sales & Distribution, Fixed Assets and Purchasing
- Understanding of SAP master and transaction tables & their relationships and integration between GL and other subledger modules.
This is a long-term (12-36 months) contract position which can be done 90% remotely. Client would like a candidate who can drive occasionally to the Northern NJ office for team meetings (i.e. 1-2 times/mo).
Immediate interview and hire!
Job ID: 4883