Data and Machine Learning Specialist - REMOTE
Data and Machine Learning Specialist Engineering
Our Direct client, is seeking a mid-senior level Data and Machine Learning Specialist – REMOTE, for immediate hire!
Our client is a groundbreaking cloud R&D platform designed to integrate the volumes of scientific resources, data, and analytic tools while providing the ability to network with colleagues in one secure and scalable environment. By enabling R&D teams to work more collaboratively and improving productivity company-wide, the platform helps teams achieve key R&D milestones faster and with greater accuracy. Their customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and they are inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Who You Are:
- A self-motivated data scientist with machine learning (ML) experience.
- You are eager to help build a digital workspace with a direct impact on human health, pharmaceutical research, and Life Sciences companies.
- The successful candidate will be comfortable multitasking and working independently on multiple aspects of our platform.
- The position requires a strong technical background in machine learning with an emphasis on utilizing methods for understanding large-scale biological data.
- This individual will contribute scientific, technical, and leadership expertise to a multidisciplinary team.
- They will report to the Chief Science Officer but will work closely with other company leaders to ensure company success.
- Design and implement ML methods on proprietary and open-access datasets;
- Utilize large-scale datasets to generate statistically motivated research hypotheses;
- Apply statistical methods to rigorously test and evaluate research hypotheses;
- Develop and foster external collaborations;
- Provide expert technical guidance and support customers in the design and analysis of experiments;
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to develop data analysis and machine learning solutions.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years (or MS degree with 5+ years) of working experience in the industry in the field of systems biology, bioinformatics, computational biology, data science, ML, or equivalent;
- Extensive experience applying ML techniques to large scale genomics and/or high throughput biological data sets;
- Strong technical knowledge of molecular biology, genetics, and bioinformatics;
- Proficient in either R or Python;
- Experience with ML frameworks such as Torch, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, etc.;
- Familiarity with Atlassian JIRA;
- Excellent personal and communication skills, including solid presentation and writing skills;
- Must be self-motivated, a quick learner, dedicated to achieving excellence, and love to take on new challenges.
Qualified and interested candidates, please reply with resume and cover letter today! No Visa Sponsorship offered. REMOTE WORK OPTIONJob ID: 4857