Oops! Looks like this job has been filled. Check out these similar opportunities.
Data Architect - Hybrid:
Data Architect – Hybrid:
Our direct client, a fast-growing medical technology company based in Danbury, CT is seeking a Data Architect to assist the hyper growth of the business, to ensure they will have a solid data architecture, storage and the capacity and scale to meet the business demand. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing our data architecture and systems. You will play a critical role in defining how we collect, store, and utilize data, ensuring its security, accessibility, and optimal performance. Your expertise will be instrumental in guiding our data-related initiatives and ensuring they align with our business goals.
The candidate will work a hybrid schedule, coming a few times a week to the office, however, we will also consider fully remote candidates who can commit to visiting the office at least once a month. We want someone who is a team player, can communicate well, has an up-beat, can-do attitude and is passionate about their work.
- Develop and maintain the company's data strategy, including defining data requirements, standards, and best practices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business needs and translate them into data architecture requirements.
- Create and maintain data models, data flow diagrams, and data dictionaries to represent the organization's data assets and their relationships.
- Design and optimize data storage, ensuring scalability, performance, and data security.
- Lead the design and implementation of data integration processes to ensure data consistency and accuracy across systems.
- Select and implement ETL tools and techniques as needed.
- Establish and enforce data governance policies and procedures to ensure data quality, integrity, and compliance with relevant regulations (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA).
- Monitor data quality and implement data cleansing and validation processes.
- Administer and optimize databases, ensuring their availability, reliability, and performance.
- Implement backup and recovery strategies to protect critical data.
- Oversee the integration of big data technologies and analytics platforms to support data-driven decision-making.
- Collaborate with data engineers and analysts to provide them with access to relevant data sources.
- Create and maintain documentation related to data architecture, processes, and standards.
- Train and mentor team members and other stakeholders on data-related best practices.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Data Architect or in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of database systems (SQL, NoSQL), data warehousing, and big data technologies.
- Proficiency in data modeling and design tools.
- Familiarity with data governance and compliance requirements.
- Experience with ETL tools and data integration.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Certified Data Management Professional, Azure Data Analytics) are a plus.
Job ID: 5261