Data Engineer - Hybrid:
Data Engineer – Hybrid:
Our direct client, a fast-growing fintech firm, is seeking a Data Engineer to join the Data and Analytics team. This role will help build the infrastructure to make data a central part of the firm. Data driven decisions are very critical for the business, as a result, we are looking for engineers that will not only be able to use the data but also understand it and help make actionable decisions. Data Engineers quickly grasp complex and fluid business problems and solve them with robust and creative analyses after having built highly performant and highly scalable infrastructure to warehouse the data. The ideal candidate should enjoy discovering and using the latest technologies, working on creative software projects, and/or thinking about innovative new business plans.
- Leverage open-source technologies and cloud solutions to build elegant features for the data platform.
- Develop and automate large scale, high-performance data platform infrastructure to drive the business growth, and enable data-driven organization.
- Design and develop reusable components and frameworks for ingestion, cleansing, and data quality.
- Streamline the ingestion of raw data from various sources into our Data Lake and Data Warehouse.
- Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval that represent the product entities and meet business requirements.
- Coordinate closely with sales and product development teams daily to push the firm’s FinTech strategy and improve the overall profitability of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative area or related field
- 5-8+ years of experience with open-source technologies or object-oriented or functional programming, able to write easy-to-scale, high-quality code
- Experienced in at least 1 numeric research framework (python/pandas, R/Splus, Octave/Matlab)
- Familiar with OLAP (Redshift, Snowflake) and OLTP (PostgreSQL, MongoDB) databases
- Familiar with various database designs (Relational, Columnar, NoSQL)
- Some background in probability/statistics
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently while also being a strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Passionate about programming and cutting-edge technologies
- Master’s in computer science, Data Science or related field
- Professional experience with Python and JVM based languages such as Scala, Java, and Kotlin
- Experience building data-pipelines, data-lakes, and data warehouses.
- Good knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments
- Experience with AWS solutions such as Lambda, S3, Kinesis, ElastiCache
- Familiar with AWS and infrastructure-as-code (terraform or cloud formation)
- Familiar with the use and restrictions of PII data for analysis, research, development, and testing
Job ID: 5163