Oops! Looks like this job has been filled. Check out these similar opportunities.
DevOps Engineer (2): Hybrid
Our direct client, a fast-growing FinTech firm, is looking for 2 mid to senior level DevOps Engineers with AWS experience. The DevOps team plays a critical role in keeping the production and development environments running smoothly and securely. This role will utilize strong DevOps principles and advanced cloud capabilities to facilitate platform infrastructure strategy of market agility and lean operating principles with a strict focus on quality to meet the ever-growing demands of our clients. We are seeking highly collaborative, creative and intellectually curious DevOps Engineers who are passionate about forming and implementing cutting-edge cloud computing capabilities. As a DevOps Engineer you will be wearing multiple hats in a highly visible role interacting with all aspects of the business.
This position is based in Greenwich, CT, 3 days per week onsite is expected. Client offers a very attractive compensation and benefits package, salary, bonus and stock options.
- 6+ years of DevOps, TechOps or SRE experience with at least 4 years of AWS experience
- Microservices (Docker, Kubernetes) experience in a production environment strongly desired
- Strong Linux OS-level and command-line/scripting knowledge and configuration management principles
- Working knowledge of databases such as MongoDB, Postgres, DynamoDB.
- Experience in architecting, implementing and managing monitoring tools such as Prometheus/Grafana, CloudWatch, Splunk, Datadog, NewRelic and ELK in the cloud
- Coding beyond simple scripting with strong opinions on maintainable/reusable code in Python, Ruby or Java desired.
- Experience with compute provisioning on a Cloud based platform using Terraform and/or Cloud formation
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Experience building a Microservice based architecture
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to design and implement complex, but easily managed, automated infrastructure
- A desire to share, teach and learn as part of a team
- AWS certifications a plus.
- As a member of the DevOps Engineering team, you will be involved in building highly available solutions across the entire SDLC stack with primary focus on an internet facing fintech site
- Individuals on the team will interact closely with Application Developers and QA Automation Engineering to ensure that the solutions are being implemented to specs
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining tools to support the development environment on MacOS and Linux tool environment with focus on improving developer productivity
- You will also be part of the team responsible for maintaining Site reliability with focus on building highly scalable systems integrating resiliency and high availability at all levels
- Develop software & tooling to secure and automate cloud infrastructure building software delivery capabilities with fully automatic workflows
- Design and operation of a Kubernetes environment for container management and orchestration
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and hands-on troubleshooting/debugging skills
Job ID: 5131