Director, Enterprise Data Strategy
Our direct client, specializing in genomic research and innovation, seeks a Director, Enterprise Data Strategy who will be the primary steward of their Enterprise Data vision.
These data, spanning more than one-million samples worth of genomic variants, clinical and research phenotypes, genotype/phenotype association results and the entirety of this groups' production metadata, are generated by the department's multi-disciplinary teams at an unprecedented scale through a spectrum of automated and manual processes before ingestion into their data repositories and ultimate consumption by their Enterprise Research Applications, internal researchers and more than 100 partner institutions.
In this role, you will be ultimately responsible for the development, communication and maintenance of a consensus Enterprise Data strategy that embodies FAIR principles, ensuring that all Enterprise Data are robustly structured, scalable, validated and available. You will provide deep technical expertise and hands-on support to this groups' team leads for the design, implementation and execution of data systems and protocols that manifest the Enterprise Data strategy.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- Develop and maintain the Enterprise Data strategy: a FAIR data lifecycle, including data ingestion, validation, persistence, access and deletion, within a change-management infrastructure.
- Continually engage all of this groups' teams, building consensus for new policies and communicating the strategic vision.
- Continually audit all of this groups' systems for compliance, identifying areas requiring support.
- Coordinate compliance support with Operations and Technical leads.
- Support Operations team leads (Sequencing Lab, LIMS, Genome Informatics, Clinical Informatics) in the integration of their Production metadata management and workflows and the migration of legacy data into FAIR infrastructure.
- Support Engineering team leads (Data Engineering, Software Engineering) in the design and development of their data infrastructure, comprising independent platforms, a unified data schema, and standardized APIs.
- Support Research teams leads (Genetics, Therapeutics) in the transition of R&D processes to FAIR production.
- Generate complete documentation and SOPs.
- Ensure all of their data and processes are optimized for consumption by Enterprise Research Applications.
- Innovate logistic solutions to the unique challenges of their scale, speed and data composition.
This job might be for you if:
- You are a proven consensus-builder of data strategies with deep experience coordinating multi-functional projects.
- You excel at shepherding new ideas and technologies through rigorous vetting processes, providing both technical assessments and constructive strategic feedback.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with expertise in documentation and visual presentations.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field.
- Extensive technical experience in data modeling, visualization, ingestion, automation and validation. Experience with production-scale data and metadata management.
- Experience with distributed compute (Spark, Databricks, Hadoop), enterprise cloud services (AWS, Kubernetes, DNAnexus), and workflow management tools (e.g. WDL, CWL, Nextflow).
- Experience with industry-standard enterprise database technologies (SQL, Sapio LIMS, data warehousing).
- Proven dedication to customer service and hands-on troubleshooting.
- Experience with large-scale sequencing and genomics processes, preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of biological science data formats, preferred.
- Knowledge of compliance environments (e.g. GDPR, FISMA, CAP/CLIA), preferred.
This is a HYBRID role 2-3 days/week on site desired for collaboration/communication. Should be commutable to the White Plains, NY area.
Competitive compensation package and rich benefits offered. Apply today for immediate consideration!
Job ID: 4888