Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering – Customer Partnership Initiatives
Our direct client is a team of research scientists and technologists that felt there had to be a better way for the brightest minds in research to drive innovation. With the researcher's needs always at the forefront of their mission, they build digital workspace solutions specifically designed for life sciences companies. Their innovative, highly secure, cloud-based platform provides one point of access to all the resources, tools, and functionality needed to accelerate the pace of research and drive innovation, ultimately bringing products to market faster.
To this end, we are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead and recruit development teams focused on their customer partnership initiatives. And with the mission of creating cloud software that helps speed up the efficacy and pace of the Research and Development lifecycle in the Life Sciences industry, it simply doesn’t get any more important than this.
In this role, you will build and grow a team of engineers and drive the execution and delivery for critical areas of the product line that enable our customer partnership initiatives. Help build and shape their new engineering teams as they build products and technology to transform their customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the execution and delivery of product features by collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Lead key engineering initiatives to improve overall engineering effectiveness and productivity
- Iteratively define and refine development processes and engineering best practices as teams grow
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high-performing software engineers and managers
- Work in an agile, small team environment with a focus on speed and quality
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine the best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your teams
- 8+ years developing commercial SaaS software offerings in Java
- 5+ years of software engineering management experience using an Agile development process
- 3+ years of experience managing two or more engineering teams, including second-line management experience
- Current hands-on development experience and knowledge on open-source Java Stack (Java, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, Linux, etc.).
- Experience with frontend technologies (e.g., Angular, React) is a plus, and working with User Experience and Product teams to build great user interfaces
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach, and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience building application SaaS offerings, APIs, and service-oriented architectures
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
Work for an exciting firm offering nationally competitive salaries, a stock option plan, annual bonus plan, healthcare benefits, and flexible vacation policy.
For immediate consideration, please apply today with your updated resume and cover letter.
Job ID: 4870