Apply for job
Director of Infrastructure and Operations- Hybrid
Our direct client, a fast-growing company on the way to $1B in revenue, is looking for a Director of IT Infrastructure & Operations. Due to the growth, implementation of new systems, acquisition and integration of new companies, we seek a hands-on IT infrastructure professional with strong leadership skills, to make an impact by establishing and a high-performing IT organization. In this newly created position, you will have the opportunity to make an impact through building and managing a team, creating standards and efficiencies to enhance the infrastructure space, and get involved in pre-and post-acquisition activities.
This position is hybrid, on-site 3-4 times a week, the company's HQ is in Orange, CT – you'll make the schedule that you think you need to get the job done.
A Little About Your Day: You will:
- Design, Develop and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate technology and services.
- Define and communicate SLA standards.
- Provide 24/7 365 availability and responsiveness to all operational alerts, and within agreed to SLA standards.
- Develop, recruit, and manage a strong and highly effective team, where performance is measured by KPIs and Metrics
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide service and process expertise, direction, and assistance to vendors, partners, and internal teams.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for supporting and investing in Infrastructure platforms, systems, and tools, including analysis of cost-benefit and reduction opportunities.
- Develop required policies and procedures, including those for personal computers, security, network, server, storage, and other hardware platforms considering architecture, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Recommend purchase of equipment and supplies in order to meet operational requirements of the business.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the network, compute and storage infrastructure, and IT systems.
- Conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and services in support of sourcing/procurement efforts.
- Manage project implementations across Infrastructure specifically developing standards for migration and impacts into production whether internal or vendor-supported environments.
- Manage vendor relationships, service level attainment, and drive all providers to high levels of quality delivery based on company requirements including RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, and scope of work.
- Review and audit service providers in key areas like; security, compliance, backup, recovery, DRP, and for all implemented services.
- Ensure documentation of the company’s existing services with vendors, partners, and internal team are up to date and maintained and make recommendations for improvements/alternatives and support long-term planning.
- Maintain the Infrastructure architecture, security, and standards.
- Manage the Helpdesk to a high level of service as measured by the user community.
- Ensure cyber and compliance standards are adhered to.
- Proven project management and customer service skills.
- Manage on-call or availability for 24×7 emergency support.
This might be the opportunity for you if you:
- Have experience developing and managing highly effective teams in a rapidly growing organization.
- Have proven project management and customer service skills.
- Can build consensus and develop relationships across all levels of the company.
- Are a hands-on mentor and visionary leader.
- Have experience managing IT in companies with multiple locations (in this case, currently 60 locations across the country, some are small sales offices, some are larger warehouse/distribution centers.
What You’ll Need to Have for success:
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems, and 10-plus years of related work experience.
- Service management certifications are desired.
- Experience establishing a 12–18 month strategy
- Must have experience managing a large-scale environment, distributed over 50+ locations
- Broad technical knowledge in personal computers, servers, storage, database, and network; including Cloud, IaaS, virtualization, Microsoft Windows, Office 365, Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange email systems, end user and network technologies.
- Strong hands-on understanding of hardware and infrastructure is a must.
- IT Infrastructure management experience leading service delivery, developing technical solutions, and staff development and objectives.
- Application support experience with mission-critical large-scale systems such as ERP, Warehouse Management, eCommerce, Mobile Applications, Point of Sale (POS), and associated Infrastructure.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure architecture and planning and development.
- Knowledge of applicable security and data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
Immediate interview and hire – send resume today for immediate consideration!
Job ID: 5170