Enterprise Software Developer
Our direct client is seeking an Enterprise Software Developer for immediate hire! The position will initially be remote, however, Covid permitting, from time to time you will need to attend meetings in Northern Westchester County, NY.
As part of their recent GROWTH, they have added a high-tech firm as a client and partner and are looking at expanding the existing team to work on an exciting joint roadmap. In this role, you will have the chance to work with the high-tech firms engineers directly on state of the art technologies and deliver innovative software products to the best companies in the US and internationally.
You will also be responsible for building up new capabilities around their core products, and support a migration to IBM cloud.
In the first phase, you will join the development team to extend current capabilities and support the deployment to Partner on state of the art technical stack. Then, in a second phase, you will evolve the product set as part of a joint roadmap and expand towards new extensions and integrations, including work in data science that their company has been pioneering.
You would have experience with distributed systems, ideally running workloads and services in the cloud.
You also would have experience with agile methodologies, continuous delivery, enterprise software as well as experience with industry standard configuration deployment and workflow tools.
Overall Job Function:
The software engineer role involves architecting, implementing, deploying and debugging our in house distributed systems using the best of breed technology.
- Write clean, documented, debuggable code across Hanzo’s backend systems to add new functionality and systems and improve the existing architecture.
- Test your own code’s functionality.
- Perform code review and testing of software produced by other team members so that your team delivers reliable and secure software.
- Follow development process in order to effectively communicate your progress.
- Participate to the design of new systems and functionality across backend systems to meet the needs of user stories produced from other business areas.
- Perform research and evaluation of analysis methods and system design so as to optimally produce new data products and software systems.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience developing enterprise software
- Strong python experience or strong Java/C# and more recent Python
- Experience working with distributed systems, dealing with large volumes of data and hard problems concurrency, scaling…
- Good knowledge of databases and NoSQL data stores (for ex Google Datastore, Hazelcast, Redis, Cassandra)
- Elastic search a strong plus
- Kafka of interest
- Experience with Kubernetes and serverless (for ex Google Cloud Functions, Knative, AWS Lambda, etc.)
- Experience of cloud, IBM cloud ideally, AWS or GCP highly desirable
- Experience with agile product development
Advantageous skills and experience:
- Experience with agile and continuous deployment.
- Experience with industry standard configuration, deployment, workflow tools.
- Security risk and threat management
- Frontend experience with React.js or similar framework would be of interest
If you are qualified and intereseted, please apply today with your updated resume today!
Competitive salary and benefits offered!Job ID: 4619