Our direct client, a leader in the field of infrastructure network and cyber security products, is seeking an FPGA Design Engineer. In this role, you will have a significant role in defining and implementing new designs for FPGA-based hardware for internet protocol packet inspection and post-processing of high-speed Ethernet traffic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an FPGA packet handling application with Custom Hardware.
- Develop VHDL/Verilog modules and IP cores with Xilinx/Altera toolchain.
- Work with HDL simulation & verification toolchain.
- Implement communications protocols from specification & requirement documents
- Setup and Test new hardware platforms that are developed.
- Work effectively within a cross-functional team environment.
- Other duties as management may so direct.
- Able to work in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Current or previous security clearances a plus
- 2-10 years’ work experience with embedded systems and FPGA development
- College degree in a relevant field of study. i.e. engineering, computer science, physics, etc. (advanced degree a plus)
- Limited travel may be required
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Fluent in VHDL or Verilog hardware description languages
- Experience with HDL simulation & verification (e.g. open source Verilator)
- Experience with UDP and TCP/IP packet handling
- Knowledge of computer system architecture
- Experience debugging system level problems
- Experience with testing Hardware
- Experience integrating and debugging a driver to a custom FPGA
- Excellent problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability
• Overall coordination, development and execution of product development.
• Knowledge of relevant software/systems as follows:
• Development skills and overall knowledge of Linux systems
• Experience writing system level C/C++ code for embedded systems plus
• Experience as an embedded developer using an ARM environment a plus
• Experience with embedded Linux
• Experience building and configuring Linux for custom hardware platforms a plus
• Knowledgeable and Comfortable working with the Linux kernel
• Able to generate custom Linux builds with Yocto is a plus
Job ID: 4166