Global Data Architect - Remote - Eastern US
In this role, the architect will be a key resource on a new Data Warehouse project involving the company's sales opportunities and other sales-related data.
Key duties include:
- Overall Database and Data Warehouse design and architecture
- Reviewing requirements and defining data sources and establishing data taxonomy
- Data mapping
- Working with both business stakeholders and technical teams,
- Working with the teams who are the sources of the data, as well as those who are the consumers of the data
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS DESIRED:
- Architecture design and development of large-scale data platforms and data application with simple solutions
- Expertise in design and management of complex data structures and data processes
- Expertise in metadata management, ETL processing, and reference data management
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience on big data and cloud computing technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, etc.
- Experience utilizing cloud data platform services (especially Microsoft Azure)
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition and processing, data management, distributed processing, and high availability is required. Experience in statistics, data mining, machine learning and operational excellence of production systems is a plus.
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to think “out-of-the box”
- Ability to translate business concepts to technical terms. Understands and communicates company goals and objectives
- Capable of formulating strategy and moving strategic plans into actionable roadmaps
- Ability to interact, influence, and communicate across all organizational levels including C-level executives, subject matter experts and technical resources
- Ability to solve the most complex technical issues while articulating the complexities in developing or delivering technology across multiple member firms
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Minimum 12+ years of experience designing, planning and implementing data management capabilities including 5+ years of data application or data platform architecture
- Experience leading or playing a significant role in data governance activities (e.g., developing data standards, taxonomies, metadata management, etc.) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, Master’s degree or MBA a plus.
Immediate interview and hire, please submit resume today for immediate consideration!
Job ID: 4662