Global ERP Director
Our direct client is a leading global supplier of specialized products used in the shipping and oil and gas industries. They are in fast-growth mode and will be implementing JDE 9.2 as their primary ERP. J.D. Edwards 9.0 has been in use in the company for some time. We seek a leader who will take charge of this project and drive transformation throughout the company with the implementation. The position is located in Connecticut or New Jersey and is primarily on-site, for best collaboration with the corporate team. Complete relocation package is available for this position!
The initial primary function of the role will be to lead a global implementation of JDE 9.2 across the Company. He/she will work closely with all business leaders to develop IT strategy and technology plans to keep pace with the business demands.
This professional will be primarily responsible for enterprise-wide business analytics as well as applications supporting Finance and Commercial functional areas. The individual must establish partnerships with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to design and implement strategic plans as well as support current operations. This includes ensuring necessary guidelines, standards, policies and procedures, training material, etc. are developed and institutionalized to support the business and IT. The Global Director must be knowledgeable in good business processes as well as IT platforms and be enthusiastic about driving transformational change. Our client emphasizes nimble, cross-functional teams so a great deal of collaboration in IT as well as functional teams across the enterprise is expected.
The role has leadership responsibility of a departmental team, vendor management, and budget management. individual must be experienced in simplifying processes and reducing manual operations, while providing greater insight to key business metrics across the enterprise.
The Global Director must understand the processes performed by functional business areas as chargeback, rebates, order-to-cash, gross-to-net accounting, customer relationship management, business development, and other key business areas. The Global Director will be someone who can thrive in a fast-paced environment that has equally high expectations of their team, vendors, and business partners.
Provide leadership and direction to Business Applications team in assessing the near and long-term Business Intelligence (BI) and enterprise application technology and process requirements; create a roadmap for the delivery of solutions in line with business priorities.
- Assess IT capabilities and lead initiatives to assess priorities and deliver IT platforms and good practices supporting the many corporate divisions.
- Direct cross-functional teams to assess processes and design solutions in accordance with industry-leading best practices.
- Develop and lead the BI practice, supporting the needs of the business through design and development of actionable analytics, taking business requirements from concept through deployment.
- Design technical solutions for better financial reporting.
- Manage a comprehensive Business Intelligence (BI) program to supply executives and functions with well-defined metrics and analytical capabilities.
- Define department process improvement goals, setting clear objectives and key results.
- Develop and maintain the ERP applications roadmap, including areas of prioritization, management, maintenance and oversight of business applications.
- Effectively manage budgets to contain cost and deliver on key investments.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and build strong, productive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
Attract, retain, and develop team members with a focus on service orientation, technical capability and continuous improvement. The individual will be responsible for managing a diverse team to foster an environment of collaboration, teamwork and metrics-based execution.
- Present and lead discussions between the business and IT.
- Sponsor, lead and coordinate projects and work activities at all levels of the organization. Identify, set, and manage agreed-upon SLAs.
- Ensure the ERP team maintains strict compliance with IT & corporate policies.
Leadership and Management Competencies
- Contributes to the broader IT strategy as a member of the IT Leadership Team.
- Develops and implements departmental goals and objectives with input from VP of IT and other leaders as appropriate.
- Hands-on leader who evaluates problems and develops and implements solutions.
- Flexible/Creative – must be able and willing to think outside of the box to create solutions and demonstrate flexibility within the role.
- Challenges the status quo in looking for more efficient practices.
- Leads by example and serves as professional role model.
- Understands, teaches and implements elements of empowerment and team building.
- Drives for Results – action oriented and has a sense of urgency.
- Client Relationships – must be able to build strong working relationships with clients and meet client's needs.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience with and a strong working knowledge of JD Edwards version 9.2, ideally including experience leading a global JDE version 9.2 implementation
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Management a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college is required.
Job ID: 4911