Information Security Engineer
Information Security Engineer:
Our direct client, a fast-growing FinTech firm, is looking for an Information Security Engineer. In this role, you will work on key defense and detection projects as they relate to client’s application platform and corporate data security needs. You will champion and guide the implementation of both application and infrastructure security initiatives across the company.
The person who fills this role must be hands-on, comfortable working in small teams, and interested in continually researching to improve knowledge and company’s platforms and tools.
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security tools and controls protecting company’s networks and information.
- Identify and define system security configuration requirements and best practices.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Ensure infrastructure devices and controls are securely configured and managed against drift.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- 5+ years of experience in a highly technical Information Security or infrastructure role
- 3+ years of experience with security technologies (SIEM, DLP, vulnerability scanners, IDS, firewalls, proxies, Networks, Laptops, Desktops, Wireless Access Points)
- 2+ years of experience with information security responsibilities related to custom built software products
- Detailed technical knowledge of network, cloud (IaaS and SaaS), database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Proven work experience as a System Security Engineer or Information Security Engineer
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Demonstrated experience with Application and Network layer vulnerability testing
- Strong understanding of Web/Internet-based protocols (HTTPS, SSL / TLS, etc.)
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- CISSP or related experience
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
Job ID: 4744